Welcome...

Welcome to my blog. Follow my intermittent thoughts as I write, watch movies, read books, and generally stumble my way through modern media.

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Before School Blues

I'm well into my last week of freedom before the school year starts, and the mixed feelings are already setting in. But I'm not going to miss the long hours with nothing to do as much as I'm going to miss the food. It's nothing amazing and just out of the Food Channel, but there's something wonderful about not having to eat cold peanut butter and jelly sandwiches that taste more like refrigerator and ziplocs than they do anything natural. You know, the kind where the jelly's soaked through the bread and gone stiff, like the sandwich bled out and died in your bag.

I'm going to miss having whatever I want for lunch, so for the next four days I'm going to enjoy lunch. Here's what I had today for lunch:
That right there is the extent of my cooking skills. I overcooked the egg a bit, but it was still delicious and it disappeared within minutes. Later I got creative and made a smoothie:
I know it looks gross and you would probably give me raised eyebrows when I told you what all I put in it but I assure you it was delicious for a first try at making smoothies.

Here's to enjoying varied foods for lunch while we still have a chance!

3 comments:

  1. Smoothies are awesome but nobody makes a smoothie like my mama X]. And I think that your lunch looks delicimous. It's much better than whatever I eat. I think I actually eat better during the school year since all I eat during the summer is crap and junk food.

    [[raises glass]] To food!

    ReplyDelete