Welcome...

Welcome to my blog. Follow my intermittent thoughts as I write, watch movies, read books, and generally stumble my way through modern media.

Friday, December 31, 2010

2010 Movies in Summary

As a farewell to 2010, I'm going to list out every movie I saw in theaters and give each a quick review and rating. Ready? Go!

01/01/10: Avatar
While this movie has stunning graphics, the message in it reminds me too much of Fern Gully for me to enjoy it as much as everyone else seemed to. 2.5/5

01/16/10: The Princess and the Frog
It was nice to see a 2D film again, but this one was nothing special. 3/5

02/05/10: Dear John
I laughed my way through this movie. Unfortunately, I don't think that's what they had in mind when they made it. 1.5/5

04/02/10: How to Train Your Dragon
Love this movie. It's the best animated movie I've seen in a long time. The plotline of it reminded me a lot of the movies from my childhood in the 90s. 4/5

04/10/10: How to Train Your Dragon
What? I liked it that much and my family wanted to see it.

05/07/10: Iron Man 2
Not nearly as good as the first one. Still, it was better than a lot of other superhero movies out there. 3/5

06/25/10: Toy Story 3
This was such an incredibly sad movie. Pixar has always been a hit and miss thing for me, and sadly I didn't like this one as much as I had hoped to. 3/5

07/23/10: Inception
I love movies that make you think, and this is certainly one of those movies. This was my favorite movie that I saw this summer. 4/5

08/02/10: Despicable Me
A cute, if predictable movie. I try not to ask too much of my animated kid movies. 3/5

08/13/10: Inception
I can safely say that it was still confusing even after a second viewing. And now months later, I can say that it does make a little bit more sense after a third.

11/18/20: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Part 1)
That title is a mouthful. A faithful adaptation of the book, I think this was one of the better HP movies. 4/5

11/19/10: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Part 1)
It was watchable for a second time in 24 hours, which is more than I could say for The Half-Blood Prince.

11/25/10: Megamind
The realm of kid's animated movies seems over-saturated with superhero type movies, but this one wasn't too bad. 3/5

12/24/10: Tron: Legacy
A much better movie than I had expected. I wouldn't mind watching it again. 3.5/5

1 comment:

  1. Avatar was long and overrated.
    The Princess and the Frog was PRECIOUS.
    Dear, John was PAINFUL.
    I never saw How to Train Your Dragon, sadly.
    Iron Man 2 was BRILLIANT.
    Toy Story 3 was sad, but a good conclusion to the story.
    Inception was magnificent. I need to see it seven thousand times.
    Harry was amazing. Job well done!
    I never saw Megamind (dollar theatre).
    Tron (as previously stated) will be a dollar theatre flick as well.

    ReplyDelete