Welcome...

Welcome to my blog. Follow my intermittent thoughts as I write, watch movies, read books, and generally stumble my way through modern media.

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Movie Review: Tron: Legacy (PG)


I had to be forced to go to this movie. Both my mom and my brother wanted to see it, and since I really didn't want to sit at home by myself on Christmas Eve I decided against my better judgement to go anyway. Every review I had read about the movie up to that point except one had slammed the movie, so I didn't have high hopes.

I had known that I was going to go see it eventually. Ever since my mom first saw the trailer she said she wanted to see it. In preparation, I was going to watch the original. Since it was nowhere to be found on netflix instant play, and the DVD cost a ridiculous 80 dollars on amazon, I resorted to the less than reputable method of watching it in ten minute chunks on youtube. I couldn't make it past the first 10 minutes. Not a good sign, but it could just be due to the dated feel of the technical talk in the film.

After I left Legacy, I was pleasantly surprised. True, the scripting was still a bit forced (in different ways, at least), but the visuals were stunning and I even enjoyed the electronica soundtrack. It actually ranks pretty high on the list of movies I've watched in theaters this year.

1 comment:

  1. I kinda want to see it, but I'm thinking it will be a dollar theatre flick for me!

    ReplyDelete